The AskDirect Website
This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such. Some technical terms used in this statement are explained at the end of this page.
AskDirect fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal information for the purposes of this document is information that can identify an individual such as name, address, contact details. AskDirect does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer (for example by e-mailing us or by using our online booking form). Any information which you provide in this way is used only in line with the purpose for which you provided it. Your personal data may also be anonymised and used for statistical purposes.
Sharing Data with Third Parties
To execute our marketing objectives we sometimes work with third party suppliers and often have to share personal data such as names and addresses or email addresses with them. This sharing is always undertaken
- For specific purposes in a particular project or delivery of a specific service
- Under strict contractual controls
- In line with appropriate information security standards
Requests regarding data supplied via this website
On request, we supply copies of your personal data which you may have supplied via this website. If you wish to obtain such copies, you must send an email to AskDirect at email@example.com. You should include any personal identifiers which you supplied earlier via the website (e.g. Name; address; phone number; e-mail address). Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible and will take not more than 40 days to process.
If you discover we hold inaccurate information about you, you can request AskDirect to correct that information. Such a request must be in writing
In certain circumstance you may also request that data which you have supplied via the website be deleted. If you wish to request a deletion, you would generally be expected to identify some contravention of data protection law in the manner in which this office processes the data concerned.
Complaints about data processed via the website
If you are concerned about how personal data are processed via this website, please do not hesitate to bring such concerns to the attention of AskDirect at the contact details at the botom of the website.
Collection and use of technical information
Glossary of technical terms used
- web browser - The piece of software you use to read web pages. Examples are Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Safari and Opera.
- IP address - The identifying details for your computer (or your internet company's computer), expressed in "internet protocol" code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
- cookies - Small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a web site. Cookies can be read by the web site on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the web site can "remember" you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the web site.